Dr A Devendra is a Associate Consultant in the specialty of Orthopaedic Trauma surgery. He pursued his post graduation in Orthopaedic surgery from Ganga Hospital in 2007. He got trained in Bone banking at TATA Memorial hospital, Mumbai and NUS, Singapore and started the Bone bank in Ganga hospital in 2008. He completed trauma fellowship in the Department of Trauma, Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria in 2011. His main surgical interest is in treating accident trauma which includes fracture fixation of Upper and Lower limbs, Acetabulum fractures, Revision surgeries, Bone loss management, Wrist trauma and Long bone infection with non unions. He has special interest in Orthopaedic Oncology and treating tumours with Allografts from Ganga Tissue bank.
- Member, Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Member, Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association
- Member, SICOT
- Bronze Member, AO Trauma
- Best Resident Award for exemplerary clinical care in the year 2005 by Ganga hospital
- Prof.M.Natarajan Gold Medal awarded for the best trauma paper for Post traumatic One bone forearm reconstruction,a report of 5 cases TNOA 2006, Chennai.
- Prof M V Daniel Gold medal for Best Resident Award for exemplerary clinical care in the year 2008 by Ganga hospital.
- Prof A A Mehta Gold Medal for Best paper on Single stage reconstruction of Bone defects of Long Bones using Gamma irradiated Allografts IOACON 2013, Agra.
- ACL Revision reconstruction , an Update : 2012 AOTS
- Ganga hospital open injury score in management of open injuries. S. Rajasekaran, S. R. Sabapathy,J. Dheenadhayalan, S. R. Sundararajan,H. Venkatramani, A. Devendra,P. Ramesh & K. P. Srikanth: Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg DOI 10.1007/s00068-014-0465-9.
- Reconstruction of Post Traumatic Long Segment Bone Defects of the lower end of Femur by Free Vascularized Fibula combined with Allograft ( Modified Capanna's Technique): Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg
- Initial management of Open fractures. Chapter in Rockwood and Green Text book of Fractures in Adults: 2014 Edition.
- Shanmuganathan R, et al. Successful reimplantation of extruded long bone segments in open fractures of lower limb – A report of 3 cases. Injury (2015), j.injury.2015.04.006.
Text Book Chapters:
- Rajasekaran S, A Devendra, Dr P Ramesh , Dheenadhayalan J & Dr S R Sundara rajan. Initial Management of Open fractures, Rockwood & Green's Textbook of Fractures in Adults, 2014 Edition, Pg No. 353 – 396.